Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Things are happening in Cork

At last I know how to open this page and add to our blog. Congratulations to me!

So, just in case anyone is interested, two major things have happened since we started this blogspot.

Firstly, Our Father sent in his resignation to the new Dean. We are now gradually telling our friends and colleagues. There has been no clerical reaction yet.

Secondly, today, at last we have been informed that our buyers have signed the contract to buy our house in Frankfield. This is the point of no return. We will be collecting the money sometime after March 15th. The plan is to purchase the dear little house in Bandon, as decided last August and continue to let it. So we are back on track financially at last.

Meanwhile the Music Barn/ Murphy Room, whatever, is coming on. The electrics are nearly completed and Our Father has built a new box in the new part to re-house Murphy and the other organ bits so that he can use the other old part as a workroom and store. Its all coming on. All we need now is for the gorgeous Gerry to come and sort out the flanders trenches that make up our garden at present. He's supposed to come this week.

Do hope you can get to see this. I think its not possible to publish comments. Can some one else sort this out for me. The e-mail address is our usual one and so is the password. Our surname minus S but plus C. Thanks in anticipation

3 comments:

Mum of All said...

Thank you VL for telling me how to get in top the blogger site.
I can get comments added and am delighted that you have already visited this sight. Please ignore the last paragraph in my second posting!

Viking Longship said...

Excellent news all round, didn't Our Father want some electrical advice, I don't believe I spoke to him, although I can't be sure what I've done these days.

Look at that, you're even logging in to post comments now, you can also do this when posting comments on other blogs.

Now for your next step forward in the blog world, it's worth while turning on anonymous comments, so people without a blogger I.D. can comment and word verification to stop unwanted spam comments.

If you log into your dashboard and go to change settings you should find the settings for comments somwhere in there. Tick the appropiate boxes. I was going to write you detailed instructions but blogger is unhappy and won't play at the moment.

Viking Longship said...

p.s. I'll put the link to your blog on mine as soon as bloggers working again and I'm on the computer, so that people can find it.